Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I got spanked for using the word 'faggot'

So in the attempt to test the boundaries of my creative mind I decided to voice my perspective in an abrupt manner. I used the word "faggot" in a headline of my last article which me and the editors had some creative differences. In other words they unpublished my shit. (haha)

I am not mad at all because I knew a few things were going to happen when they saw the headline. Either I was going to be praised for my fearless, in your face writing style or I was going to be called a douche bag and sent into the corner with a dunce cap.

I do have to admit that the story itself made me a bit angry and I wanted to express what bigots and false people say behind our backs or when they smile in front of a gay person's face knowing they don't like us because we are gay.

The original title of my article was "Bad for feng shui is a polite way of saying 'no faggots allowed'". The only reason I used the word "faggot" was for realism and shock value because in the real world, that is what prejudice people call us. When businesses deny service to the gay community because of our sexual orientation that is the same as calling us "faggot" or any other slur that can easily roll off their tongue.

Why sugarcoat the fact that this type of thinking and apparent behavior is just that which is apparent. It is what it is and seeing that in bold letters, in black and white is something that reminds the gay community that people who do not share in the vision of equality has another vision for the LGBTQ and it starts with the word "faggot".

I say don't disrespect me by calling me gay if what you really want to do is call me a faggot. Don't insult my intelligence and the intelligence of my community if you have already disrespected us by discriminating against us but you want to call us "gay" to be politically correct.

Don't do us any favors by holding back because if true change is going to occur I rather face the harsh honesty than the courteous bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment