Thursday, September 13, 2012

I am going to write this one more time

This Labor Day Weekend was really eye opening. A lot of things were validated to me and many thoughts that I knew, were never going away, are now silenced with new questions and messages to send.

I see myself as a messenger to the gay community. I support the gay community with the message that we are a powerful people. No matter the background, no matter the circumstance, no matter the issue you face as a gay person; you are more powerful in this world than you can ever dreamed.

This message goes out to my friend Stanley who told me that he did not care if he woke up in the morning. That someone who has been kind to me and I would do anything in the world for, told me that it did not matter if he lives or dies.  Basically that is unacceptable and I won't accept that as normal for anyone with a heart and mind big as my friend's.


This whole situation with him started me to thinking about how the gay community feels as a whole. There are those that will try and impede my message to the gay community. Also, there are some out there that don't want you to hear the message of unity and strength. I feel this is one of the problems that my friend encountered. There are some people out there that will do anything to discourage the message of unity and power we all need to hear.

For a moment, forget about this being an election year. When the dust settles on who is president this coming term what is left for gay people. All we have is each other and the support that we have gathered from people that understand the message.

The message is more powerful than the messenger and every last gay person has a message to send. Don't be silent. If there are advocates to silence then I am an ally to speech. I believe with all the conviction I can muster, there is no way in hell I am going to stop sending out the message and I hope that message is clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment