Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fuck haters.. I support my gay community first

So, from the picture to the left of this paragraph and from the title of this post you probably know what I am going to talk about. Yes my friends, haters is the subject this time and I have a few of them to choose from.

This is what inspired me to write this post. I wrote about how the gay media was in conflict about the water-gun fight in San Diego which all stemmed from the mudslinging being done in the mayoral race in that city.

One of the candidates is Carl DeMaio who is openly gay. In the last part of my article I said that "if" the gay community in that area want DeMaio in office, there is nothing to be gained by the LGBTQ fighting among each other.

The the underlying principle of my articles is for the gay community to see how powerful of a community we can be when we all work together and to support each other whenever we can.

So, this women literally posts a message, in the comment, section saying that I know nothing of the politics in San Diego and that I am one of those that always use "gay" a deciding factor in my decision. Basically she accused me of being unbiased and not objective. She finishes with the statement that the worst thing ever would be for anybody to believe or read what I write because, I don't know what I am talking about.

After that comment I tried to explain the whole point of my article is for the gay community in San Diego to make up their mind collectively and to pick whatever candidate they choose for office. Just do it together without conflict among the gay community.

This same lady tells me that is not the point of my article at all and my message is not what I was trying to convey. So, I have an angry women telling me, the author of the article, what I was trying to express through my own work. HATER HATER...

I am going to make this real clear. Of course I want the best people in political offices that has my best interest and the best interest of the community at heart. If that happens to be a heterosexual candidate then that is who I will choose but I will always support and listen to a person from my own community no matter what.

Nobody but a gay person will truly understand the hardships we face as gay community. It is the same a being black. Nobody but someone who has been through the hardships of black people will understand the needs of the black community.

So when it comes down to it, if you are gay trying to commit yourself to bettering the needs of the LGBTQ, the gay community should give that person all there attention at least to hear what they have to say. That is what loyalty and unity is all about. I may come to find out that I don't agree with some gay officials but that will not stop me from at least putting in my time to understand.  So, you are damn right I am going to give support to anyone from the gay community that has the interest of the gay community at heart whenever I can. HATE ON THAT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment