Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I am blessed to be gay

For some reason all day yesterday and today that I have been thinking am blessed to be gay. I am sure lots of you may feel that being gay is a long ways away from what you really consider this gift to be. Being gay is more than what gender you have sex with and if that is your stance, then you have no fully embraced what gay is all about.

First, you don't have to be feminine to be in touch with the feelings that are inside of your spirit. It already takes a lot of courage and strength to admit that you are gay to yourself let alone anyone else. Being who you are can only be accomplished by tapping into your reservoir of emotions to understand that person inside and out.

In the mist of understanding yourself you finally realize that connecting to you means to connect to those close to you and the world around you. This is something that some lots of straight people will have a problem in doing. Not trying to make stereotypical statement but the gay community is the one labeled "alternative". Knowing how the world works is a blessing something that comes a lot easier with being alternative. Gay individuals are closer to nature and not bogged down with the bullshit of games of degradation, destruction and chaos, though our lives do come with a little melodrama every now and then.

You see, we are given the great reponsiblity to know that being what you are honestly is giving thanks to the creator of all no matter what that entity is for you. Now, I am not a religious person by any means but it would be selfish in way to think that all of our knowledge and understanding ends with what we know alone. I guess what I am saying that I am blessed to be apart of the particular cycle of life which could not be in this world if I was not created. It had to be because here I am. To see things in the perspective of never being is a waste of time because life wanted me here.

There will be enough time for others to wonder what life would be like without me here when I am in the grave. Until then I am blessed to be what I am in the natural order of things. I am blessed to be gay.

No comments:

Post a Comment