Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What have you done today to make you feel proud

For some reason this particular picture on the left of this paragraph seemed appropriate. Remember the song by Heather Small titled "Proud".  Man, hearing that song just motivates me to be the best and do the very best I can.

When she sings the chorus "What have you done today to make you feel proud," she drives and hits a feeling deep within my spirit. I want to share that feeling with everyone.

What have you done today to feel proud my friends. Do you feel like you are covered in ill feelings or feel that something is weighing you down so much that you can't reach the pride that is in each and every one of you.



Whether you have gay pride, black pride, self-pride or just plain ole' "I am glad God put me here" pride, it all ties into the greatness that is in all gay people. I am here to tell you, never be ashamed of being proud of how the Creator of All made you. Being that I am a spiritual and not very religious, does not make me any less in tune with the my gay brothers and sisters. If there is one message I want  you all to know is that pride in yourself leads to pride in each other. All of this leads to the first steps of unity.

It took a while to understand what true pride is, from the very base definition of the word. Pride is the esteem you feel from just knowing that everyday is a day you can be what you want to be. You don't have to be what is predicted for you or what despair has done to you. The person that you are now is good enough for me and anyone else in  this world.

The only person that has to live with the person you are is you which means the pride that means anything in this world comes from you, starts with you and propelled by you. Have pride in yourself because believe me, you will not find it from anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment