Sunday, April 29, 2012

My 6th grade music teacher

This is going to be so dumb but I was just thinking about when I was in 6th grade.  I went to Schofield Middle in my hometown of Aiken SC. The school was made up of a rough crowd when I went there. It definitely was not up to par like it is now.

Back then, you had music class and the music room was a small trailer, out back, separate from the rest of the school. My music teacher was great. I can't remember his name but the thing I remember most about him was the colorful mismatched pants he would always wear.  When I look back on it now, there is now doubt in my mind he was gay. 

There is a song that plays in my head.  The words go "I went down to a party.  It was Me and Ben and Mac. And before I knew what happened. I got an itchin on my back.  Scratch, Scratch me back.  Scratch, Scratch me back.  It really is a fact.  The less I itch the more I scratch."

I know it is stupid but we sung children's songs.  For some damn reason, that song stuck out in my mind the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment