Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Don't hate me because I like Johnny Cash

I have some friends that are ragging on me because I happen to like Johnny Cash.  To be more specific I like the movie "Walk the Line". I could go another step further and say I like Joaquin Phoenix but lets not take the cat out of the bag just yet.

There is a lot of similarities between me and Johnny Cash. We both used to live in Nashville, we love the color black, we both had attitudes and we tell "it" like it is. Up until the day he died I believe he lived his life in this fashion.  

Besides Johnny Cash has grit tempered with a little humility. He was not out trying to rule the world he just wanted to feed his family. It was that part of Johnny Cash that allowed him to succeed. 

Oh, and what is success without the closest person in your life telling you that you will not make it.  For him it was his first wife. For me it can be anybody under the sun but I will follow Johnny Cash and Walk the Line anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment