Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Countdown to home: more about me

I just got off the phone with my boyfriend. We talked more about me finally coming back permanently to Atlanta to live. This is when I realized that a lot of you don't understand my situation so I wanted to be real and explain some things.

Aiken SC, where I am right now, is the town where I grew up.  It is only a two hour drive from Atlanta Ga. Now, Atlanta is my home.  That is where I met my boyfriend of the last four years and where I know I want to live. 

The is no doubt that one of the reasons I am back in SC is because our relationship started off as a struggle and we had some growing to do. We had no stable foundation.  There were outside people he would let interfere with our relationship and I won't lie there was just too much bullshit from both our parts. 

With all this going on my stepfather has Pulmonary Lung Disease and my family needed me to come back to handle some issues. So for the last 2 years I have been going back and forth splitting my time between Aiken and Atlanta. 

The time I spent here has not been wasted.  Within the last few months I have two book accepted by Publish America for publication, I am succeeding as a writer for Examiner.com, I have made great business contacts, talked to wonderful people that want to see me succeed and above all things I am establishing myself after not working for close to 5 years. I am more than my circumstances so nobody on this planet can take my respect away from me and I want everyone to have the same spirit within themselves. 

It may seem like I got everything together but my life and my attitude really did not click until a few months ago.   I am living day to day like everyone else. I have to make sure my EBT card is in the mail too (heheh)  but soon when I have more I won't forget to invite everyone to dinner if you know what I mean. 


No comments:

Post a Comment