Sunday, April 15, 2012

A question from one of my fans

I am watching the Real Housewives of Atlanta and I am wondering why we as black people can't show a little pride in ourselves and just congratulate the success another black person can obtain.

Nene, Cynthia, Phadrea and Kandi are all on profitable successful roads that I hope will lead them to much joy and fulfillment. Should I say it simply "Just do the damn thing."  

It makes me a little concerned that with so much bickering and arguing that they forgot where they all have came from. Each traveled a road of life that were meant for them.  Depending on how you look at it could be positive or negative but it definitely is parallel. 

Some of my fans have asked why do I always write about doing drugs in my series.  I guess a few of you might see it as negative but what you call negative I call real.

Truman Capote was the same way.  He wrote novellas that put the perception of hard knock life right in the front yard of mainstream America. They may have not liked what they saw but what they saw was real. 

The gay lifestyle has its hard knock life as well.  I have lived it, I know it and I see it for what it is.  Don't turn your eyes now because it is hard for you to look at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment