Monday, April 16, 2012

When did I become a somebody

Very recently I have been asked to attend some social events in Atlanta that is usually only open to the elite of Atlanta's high class population.  Before I go any further let me say thank you to everyone that has given an invitation.

This got me to thinking.  When did I actually become a somebody?  I don't think or write that statement with sarcasm in my heart I really am wondering when did the words the I write gained value. I was not even sure people were feeling what I was saying let alone reading my work all together.

No this is no modest attempt at modesty. I guess there is a part of me that appreciate that Atlanta believes in me when I had a hard time believing in myself.  Remember I only started to take writing seriously about a year ago.  I have a long way to go before I become another Truman Capote but it is my goal.

In the meantime I will do my best to attend some of these events and stop keeping to myself so much.  I have to join the world of the living as they say.


No comments:

Post a Comment