Monday, June 18, 2012

Gay Male Sex

For the last five days I have been writing about sex in my relationship column. I mean let's face it, sex is an important part of a relationship but have we forgotten that a sexual relationship is a genuine relationship as well. I did not have a gay sex handbook when I came to grips with my sexuality. That would have been nice.

Basically, I have been laying it out straight for all those men out there that have not experienced or have little experience with gay sex. Hell, I developed sexually late in life and still paying the price for it to this day. There are so many things that I have to learn and just have not been exposed to in this world that I wish I could have.

The main thing I stress is that a lot of gay men lie about there HIV or STI status. A wise man once told me that you have to assume that every man has something and take precaution if you don't want to catch anything. Some of the wisest sexual advice I ever came across. The second best advice is to look after your sexual partner because they are part of the same community and you don't want to bring down the community as a whole.

When writing these last few articles I have been reminiscing in my head about my encounters and I came to the conclusion I could use more practice but that will come in time. I have lots of work to do and goals to reach and money to earn and who am I kidding. Things just happen in their own time I guess.

So, I follow the advice from the 90's coming out movie "Get Real"...."So that is sex really, find someone to do it with, find someplace to do it and it is easy.  Except when you are my age it is not that easy." Amen brother!! 16 to 34 sex is supposed to be a little easier when you get older. I guess I have lots of growing up to do.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, greater sex comes with greater maturity.
    You write an excellent blog.
    Don't ever regret discovering sexuality later in life.
    We indeed as individuals are part of the greater gay male community.
    Something we should always remember beyond Gay Pride Month.
    Your words and thoughts can teach other gay men who read your blog that you can NEVER lie about HIV status. For me, I assume that EVERYONE is positive, and go from there.

    ReplyDelete