Friday, May 11, 2012

Countdown to home: My priority must be straight

So, I should be back home in Atlanta at the end of the month if everything goes well. Don't get me wrong, if something goes haywire that I need to stay here longer in Aiken it is not a big deal. At least I don't have to worry about silly bullshit that should not have happened in the first place.

When I talked to my boyfriend today he said something that was true but not in its entirety. There is no doubt that when we try to make our relationship work by living together, it is good for a month and then there are major problems. He says there is a total lack of communication. Well he is right but that has not been a recent pattern and that has nothing to do with me trying to communicate. Also when he tells the story of our relationship history he giggles and laughs about it as if he is expecting the same pattern to happen again. Well, after four years, I had figured out the same pattern before he did but I am past who did what at what time.

I have goals that will be furthered by me being in Atlanta finally for good. My articles are doing well, I have contacts and business ventures people want to talk to me about. I have a book coming out that uses Atlanta as the core of the story. I love Atlanta and wanted to be there before I knew my boyfriend or wanted to be in a relationship. It would be silly to think that my first priority is to the same foolishness I found myself wrapped in for the last four years ahead of a career I am trying to cultivate and a person that really cares for me would understand that 100%.

By no means am I calling my relationship silly. I would not have any books to publish if I did not decide to keep with the grind of my relationship. I became a  relationship columnist because of this unique experience with the man I love very much but I would not be much of a relationship expert if I let my own relationship destroy what I am trying to build. In other words, my priority is to my boyfriend and relationship that compliments my efforts to my goals, not destroy them. I have pledged the same support and willingness to make this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment