Saturday, May 5, 2012

Funny what you get use too

It is funny what you can become use to in this life or at least funny how people turn out while handling the cards life has dealt them. Some people are bullied, picked on, stepped on, made to feel inferior and they quietly kill themselves while some go through the same pummeling to bring guns to loudly reap justice on those who hurt them.

Many people don't understand there is a third choice. People have done lots of things to me. When I first came to Atlanta, I lived in an environment where there was 5 or 6 of us in a one bedroom apartment. My patience and kindness was repaid with selfishness and disrespect. I remember some of the people tried to starve me out by hiding food in the refrigerator of a vacant apartment right next to ours so that no one else could get to it.  So while they were eating up other people's food they had much to spare. They would spread loads of lies about me that my own boyfriend would believe. I remember finally getting some food after not eating for three days and he throw the takeout food I had in the garbage disposal before I had a chance to eat it and others thought it was funny.

So you see, I never once thought about killing myself or taking another person's life after the trials people put me throw. The third choice is to gain your respect by keeping to who you are. You may not be able to change people but you can't let them change you.

No comments:

Post a Comment