Thursday, May 24, 2012

Exciting things are happening

So the coolest thing that has happened to me today is that I was offered a job as a local assignment writer for CBS local Atlanta. I will be CBS local's Nightlife and Music Beat writer for Atlanta. There will be other assignments other than this one title but I am up to the task. It is not a high paying gig but it will be more than I had before The fact that CBS noticed my work makes me very proud. I have taken their offer so look for my articles to come soon on CBS.com and many CBS station affiliate websites all over America.

Second, I finally trapped my boyfriend into doing a relationship blog with me. We are doing a dual blog from from personal points of view but it all deals with our relationship and how it has survived four years so far. It has not been easy but if you want to know the secret of a lasting (not trouble-free just lasting) relationship check out my relationship blog "My Big Gay Boyfriend" at mybiggayboyfriend1.blogspot.com. Soon as we get some things straightened out, I am hoping we do a You Tube relationship show called "Mike and Greg's Big Gay Relationship". Also, look for Mike's blog  to come very soon titled "My Big Gay Boyfriend". It has the same name. Funny huh?

Last, I am getting great feedback from my publisher Publish America which I will be the first one to admit, I became a bit worried. They don't have a spotless record as being a stand-up honest company in the publishing game. Many authors have encouraged me to not deal with them at all but I am firm believer that you must experience things on your own. One person's impression of a company will always be different than another, depending on the circumstances of that relationship. Of course, you do become a little apprehensive when you hear stories of a publishing company not really putting out books and authors begging a publishing company to sell the rights of their own books back to the author. From what I have been told,  my book should be coming to the end of the design phase after five months of waiting my turn at bat. I can't wait to see what they have done to the pages I wrote. I am very excited.




No comments:

Post a Comment